All of us at Add In Marketing company in Ventura County are looking forward to the New Year. Trending heavily in the marketing hipster lingo of 2012 was the term ‘Content Marketing’. It’s a newer term that has been sweeping the nation on and off the almighty web. While some folks rave about the term ‘Content Marketing’, we have always seen this as another arm or extension of marketing from a holistic perspective. Something that we have always believed is the core of a truly healthy marketing program.
There was never a marketing program that was successful without modifying and identifying really fantastic, marketable content on websites or through offsite marketing promotions. The real answer to content marketing is found in how effective your sales presentation is, how relevant your message is, where you are coming from and where you are going (overarching goals), and how much you have to work with to get where you want to be.
Wiki defines ‘Content Marketing’ as: Content marketing is an umbrella term encompassing all marketing formats that involve the creation and sharing of content in order to attract, acquire and engage clearly defined and understood current and potential consumer bases with the objective of driving profitable customer action.
This New Years believe that content marketing is integral to your success. Take action to update your sales materials online and offline, support your sales team, create campaigns that are beyond basic and learn from last year.
Take the time to add AIM to your initiatives:
(A) Analyze and Strategize
• Sort your efforts into major ‘buckets’, like New Customer and Current Customers. Review what has worked in the last year, or to be even more advantageous, review the last five years.
• Measure your return on each effort to see what has worked, what has not worked and why.
• Combine analytics and project the budget you will allocate to new marketing efforts.
• Study your sales and marketing content both from a communication materials standpoint, online and actual ‘in the field’ perspective.
• Layout what you want to do as an ‘action’ plan taking the best from all the results you have analyzed.
• Update all of your online and offline marketing content to reflect your communication goals.
• Instead of implementing all marketing content goals at once, take a step back and map out phases for a realistic and effective approach.
• Adjust your content marketing strategies along the way.
• Constantly monitor and update your online marketing content to bring about new opportunities through new customers, utilizing your current customers to build your revenue stream.
• If needed, utilize the support of a marketing company to help achieve your marketing missions successfully.
Content marketing? We believe it, live it and breath it at Add In Marketing company, servicing Ventura County, Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Oxnard, Camarillo. If you are swamped and need marketing company support with your content marketing, give us a call at 805-449-1416.
Happy New Years’s to all – For 2013 we wish the best for your brand and encourage you to build beyond your dreams, challenge yourself and take the time to reflect on and really enjoy your growth and accomplishments. www.AddInMarketing.com